back seat sucks too

the wifey drove us around for an hour or so in my rubi today. my daughters front facing car seat was in the front passenger seat, so instead of moving it i just hopped in the back. ive never been in the back for any length of time really, but today i got to find out what the kids have complained about before. although i know the seat is locked into place properly, it feels like it needs to lean back a lot more to be comfortable. my oldest daughter says that the back seat in my '00 sahara felt the same way, but i dont recall.

anybody else notice this?

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Not me, I've never ridden in the back seat of your Rubi. ^_^

Of course this is where the kiddo says, "Told ya so."

Can you move the bracket for the rear seat? I vaguely remember an article earlier this year on adjusting the seat angle. Doubt it was on the Rubicon though.

Reply to
DougW

the problem isnt really with the brackets, its just the back would feel a lot more comfortable if it leaned back more. as it is, it feels like youre going to fall forward.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

looking at it, the bottom seat pad already leans back a good deal, thats why the position of the back support is so uncomfortable. if you raised up the front the back pad would go back to a comfortable position, but you would still feel like it was bending you in a "

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

hi bill, i could go on and on about the things ive done in the back of my stang....but thats another matter entirely. ;-)

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Jesus Nate! You aren't supposed to let people sit back there, especially not people that are old enough to know how to complain.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

ha ha.....well, it was either that or trade her in on a wj with enough seats for the kids. :-)

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

? i wouldnt trade my rubicon for anything in the world brother. sure would love to trade the seats though.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Remind me again why the child seat was in the front...you know that is discouraged right...even shutting of the airbag doesn't matter

Reply to
Joseph P

Reply to
twaldron

sorry joseph, i dont owe you an explanation on my parenting. dismiss it any way you wish.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

There isn't enough room back there for a decent back seat. The floor is too high, the fender wells are too close together, and the rear passenger compartment is too short. Jeep has done the best job they can with the limited space available, in my opinion. I think you will find that if you try to make adjustments things will actually get worse.

It sure seems that there was a lot more room in the back of the military Jeep I got a ride in back in 1956. ;o)

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

I need to remember to use smilie emoticons when I post crap like this... :-) td

Reply to
Tyler Dirden

i figured out what you meant 10 seconds after i clicked "send". lol.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

You did kinda ask for that question, by bring up where the kid was setting. This group doesnt miss much in the way of opportunities to poke.

Gregg

1999 TJ(2.5L) N5DGS
Reply to
Gregg

Reply to
twaldron

and yes there isn't a backseat in a vette....I kept bang'in my head on the rear glass...

Brian

88 YJ
Reply to
Wranglerjeep1

lol...ive banged my head many times on that damn glass.....but i wasnt riding down the road. :-)

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Reply to
twaldron