Need more CJ lift. SOA vs. taller springs?

Hey Everyone, My '82 Scrambler needs more lift.. I put in a 727 A/T with a Dana 300 behind it. Problem is, i don't have enough clearance under the tranny pan for a front driveshaft. I have 2" springs and a 2" shackle lift / reversal kit running on

33's. I see two options to fix this: more lift or drill a new bolt pattern in the t-case to clock it in a different position and fab a new shifter. Lifting seems an easy solution since i only have 2" springs right now. I was thinking of spring-over, but i've read conflicting rports. Some say that a SOA and a shackle-reversal should not be used together:

says not to use a SOA & reversal with flat springs. What about mild lift springs like mine? Would SOA be too much lift with my combined 4" suspension? Since i just spent $300 on the reversal kit i would prefer to keep that. I have two friends who have done more SOA lifts than i could count, so they have the job perfected. The option of re-clocking the t-case is more involved because it would require tweaking the shifter, moving exhaust (already very tight to the passenger frame rail) or making a new crossmember.

Thanks! Don W

'82 CJ8 Scrambler AMC 360 T/F 727 Dana 300 One-piece model 20 rear Dana 30 front, upgraded to 6-bolt caliper and Warn hubs, awaiting locker

2" shackle lift/reversal 2" lift springs of unknown origin 33" Mickey's

And it finally runs!!!!!

Reply to
Don Wallish

L.W.(ßill)