CJ Lift suggestions?

I am About to lift the CJ.

Can't decide what I want and I hope you can help. I will run 35's and or 33's so I plain on a 4" lift (any comments?) I will use the Jeep on the street, mud small oto med size rocks, But I do tend to push it.

I dug through the old posts, and am interested in what you have to say about BDS and Emu. Don't think I want a SOA, mostly becouse everything is 20 yrs old and probably needs replacing anyway.

Any one have a lift they love or hate, and want to comment?

Soft ride is a priority, Not only do I not want to pee blood, but if the wife hates it, I wont get to play as much,

Any suggestions apresheated.

And Gears are taken care of. . .

83 CJ 8, a work in progress
out the "XXX" to e-mail me
Reply to
Evan

One thing i've done to my '82 Scrambler is add a shackle reversal / lift made by Full-Traction, it's a slick bolt-on kit. It already had 2" lift springs on

33's. I needed a little more lift for my tranny clearance (TF727 + Dana 300) and i wanted a better ride. A friend is looking at Emu for his Scrambler. I told him he should do that, and then maybe add the shackle reversal as well. The shackle lifts approx 2 inches, plus the Emu springs. Talk about the making for a soft ride!!

Anyone have any thoughts on this setup? Emu with their YJ spring conversion, and a shackle reversal added.

Don W

Reply to
Don Wallish