New 20" wheels for my 2000 Grand Cherokee?

I'm torn, i want some new wheels for my GC and it seems that most of the wheels I like (American Racing, etc) are 20". I'm worried that it will look too ghetto - does anyone have wheels this large on your GC? Do you have any pics that I can view? It is mainly street driven or used for pulling my utility trailer or pulling bushes from my wooded property and is not currently lifted.

Thanks!

Reply to
n30er

They have off-road tires for 20" rims. These come to mind.

I've seen a grand cherokee lifted for bigger rims, doesn't look to bad but then again I'm from the city

Troy

Reply to
Troy

Reply to
John

Oops, or even better:

Troy

Reply to
Troy

I like the looks of these

billy ray

You asked for opinions, so I'll offer mine.

Remember, I'm old school. My generation dumped our hot rods on their noses and put the widest tires we could stuff under the ass end.

Personally, I think the 22's would look *searching for a word* stupid goofy pimpy retarded ghetto

BUT That's only MY opinion.

The deal is, it's YOUR rig, you can do whatever you want to it and other people's opinion shouldn't matter to you. Seriously. If you wanted to cover it in pink fur and put light up spinners on it with neon interior and leopard skin seat covers, then you should go on ahead. It's no one's business but your own.

Of course... Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey may come scouting if you do....

One other thing to consider is the theft factor. Someone may decide they want them badly enough to relieve you of your rig for them.

Kate

06 TJ

Reply to
Kate

Thanks for all of your opinions, but I'm still lacking some pictures of Cherokee with wheels/tires this size that isn't lifted. Unfortunately most wheel shops won't just let me return them if they dont look so good - so I'm hoping one of you has a rig with this size wheel that I can see a picture of.

Thx

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
n30er

eBay is your friend:

Chris

They don't look nearly as bad as they do on a Dodge pickup, but still look a little weird. Not as bad as I visualized either, but still....

Kate

Kate

Is your judgment clouded by your time in Kalifornia?

billy ray

Nope! They didn't start putting these big wheelies on vehicles until I came out here.

My 'opinion' is based on my experience here in the south. If you look, you will see people with cars that ahve these things on them, and whe rims are worth more than the car... Beat up, nasty cars with these blingy things on them..

Saw a 4x4 Ram pickup day before yesterday, had the biggies on it I would guess 22s. He had VERY low profile tires on it, lower than I ran on my Cobra. All I could do was shake my head. If he hits a pothole, it's all over with and the poor truck looked silly.

They look absurd.

At least the Jeep on Ebay had a little tire between the road and the wheel.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

Check cardomain.com

Troy

Reply to
Troy

You're thinking of 22"s those are the ones that look completely ludicrious. Saw a Chrysler K car (old boxy hidiously ugly in it's day) on 22" rims the other day...

It had KILLER ground clearance heheh seriously it looked lifted.

Reply to
Simon Juncal

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

LMAO! Yep, that's what I've seen too. Generally driven by folks with very dark complexions. The cars look as if they have a 4" lift on them.

Though, I have to say I think they look slightly less ridiculous than the low riders on the west coast, with the teeny tiny little wheels that are popped out so far from the wheel wells that you trip over them on your way by.

Well, to each his own I suppose.

Me... I think I'll dump my Jeep on its nose and put some slicks on the back hahahahahhaahhaahahahahaaaaaa

Reply to
Kate