new jeep - mastershield undercoat

---snip---

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

L.W.(ßill)

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 14:02:49 -0700, "Earle Horton" shared the following:

HAHAHA! I'd never heard that one before. Thanks for sharing. :-)

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

Come up to Silverton sometime, and I'll take you down Poughkeepsie Gulch in my wife's (stock) FJ-40. You'll shit your pants. ;o)

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Approximately 11/24/03 12:31, Del Rawlins uttered for posterity:

OK, what about British steel? Wondering how it could ever rust with the constant coating of motor oil, transmission oil, etc. supplied by the wooden main seals.

Some of the Porsche bodies were so bad the joke amongst owners was that on a quiet night you could actually hear them corrode.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

That's the one.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

We know the vehicle has uncertain ancestry, but as my wife says, "That sucker will go anywhere; it just won't stall..." I rebuilt the roof rails a couple years back, and painted this on the roof

in big letters too. "Why the fuckdid you paint the Nine Inch Nails logo on my Toyota?" "There wasn'tenough room for all the lyrics, honey."
There's another Trustafarian* in town who apparently has nothing better to do than race motorcycles, restore old Landcruisers, and volunteer with the local fire department. He must have about six of them, in various stages of deterioration or restoration, depending on how you look at it. I asked him about how he beefs them up so he can use them off road. His response, "Huh?"

Earle

*You figure out what this is.
Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

*You figure out what this is.
Reply to
Jerry McG

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

On 24 Nov 2003 12:28 PM, Lon Stowell posted the following:

That is true. No MGA frame has ever rusted out in the engine compartment. They all rust out under the passenger compartment (at least, the parts that aren't plywood do) and in the chassis rear. The bodies rust everywhere.

---------------------------------------------------- Del Rawlins- del@_kills_spammers_rawlinsbrothers.org Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email. Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:

Del Rawlins

On 24 Nov 2003 12:02 PM, L.W.(?ill) Hughes III posted the following:

My dad bought the '73 new, so I know exactly what has been done. The passenger side tank was the stock original tank, and dad added the driver's side auxiliary tank sometime later on, but he used the factory type tank (the tanks are the same part for either side). The right hand tank has the original filler cap in the original location on a fender that was new about 15 years ago. The other fender I replaced during the rebuild 3 years ago, but GM doesn't make the original style for just a cap anymore, so I got the later style with a door. So I have a fuel door on one side, and a cap on the other. So far nobody has noticed unless it is pointed out to them. 8^)

If I build another auxiliary I haven't decided what to do for the filler yet, but it isn't going to be something hacked together. For fuel feed, I'l probably use a little transfer pump to dump it into one of the other tanks.

---------------------------------------------------- Del Rawlins- del@_kills_spammers_rawlinsbrothers.org Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email. Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:

Del Rawlins

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Approximately 11/24/03 23:47, L.W.(ßill) Hughes III uttered for posterity:

True, but you need to take them to a good exterminator every 2 years to get rid of the termites.

Honestly don't recall any wood body parts in the new Aero8 series Morgan.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Approximately 11/25/03 18:18, L.W.(ßill) Hughes III uttered for posterity:

The older Moggies had several pieces of wood scattered as body and even structural parts. This of course was the 4 wheel series, the early ones only had 3 wheels. Don't remember a lot of wood differences between the Plus4 and the hotrod Morgan Plus8.

The new Morgan which may be returning to these shores for the Nigel Shiftright set is the Aero8, a real hotrod for the old geezer set.

or

If you think classic Jeep owners are reactionary and conservative, you ain't never met a Moggie owner.

Reply to
Lon Stowell