New Jeep owner

Hi All,

I just bought my daughters 2001 Cherokee Laredo. So far I love it. Its much different than my Honda Accord!!! I would love to hear do's and don't. I always change the oil and take good care of my cars... But are there any issues with Jeeps....Like Honda's you change the timing belt and water pump at 6 yrs /90 k miles....Are there any timing belts with the Jeeps. I'd love to hear from you. Thanx

Reply to
Firebird

Make sure you know what transfer case you have, "Full time or Part time" and use it accordingly. You can tell by what it says on the dash in FWD. If it says "part time" it's the command track and is only used on bad roads or trails. It's the more common one and is not a problem area. Another thing, learn what transmission you have and then don't let some dufas put in the wrong fluid! If yours is a 6 cylinder automatic then it has a Asin AW4 transmission and uses Dexron. If it's a four cylinder automatic it's a Chrysler transmission and uses the Chrysler ATF+. Veryify this for yourself.

JoBo

Reply to
Jo Bo

Good info here:

Steve

Firebird wrote:

Reply to
Steve

By indicating 'Laredo', we must assume the poster has a Grand Cherokee WJ. In 2001, the only trimlines on the Cherokee XJ were Limited and Sport.

Engine/transmission is either 4.0LI6/45-RFE or 4.7LV8/545-RFE. Transfer case is full time: either NV-242 Selec-Trac or NV-247 Quadra-Trac II.

Steve

Jo Bo wrote:

Reply to
Steve

Get used to more maintenance. It's not as reliable as your accord, but it is a nice truck. I actually love the way it looks, and you can do a lot with it! Lots of after market stuff.

Reply to
Dan J.S.

cdaigle430 Dec 10 2004, 10:26 am show options

Newsgroups: alt.jeep-l From: "cdaigle430" - Find messages by this author Date: 10 Dec 2004 10:26:28 -0800 Local: Fri, Dec 10 2004 10:26 am Subject: Re: 2000 Jeep Gr Ch LTD Lights Flicker Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Remove | Report Abuse

******(DANGER-WARNING)*******Take it from me, please, get rid of this piece of junk before it takes all of you hard earned money. Even if you have to take a loss, get rid of it and never look back to another grand cherokee limited-even the newest model(unless you have lots of money, its under warranty, you like driving dangerously, you have a second vehicle to use and alot of free time. And for god sakes don't let a loved one get behind the wheel of this crap on wheels.
Reply to
cdaigle430

Then there is always the problem with the loose nut behind the wheel....

Mike

cdaigle430 wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

the loose nuts seem to think they are hard nuts round where I live..

Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I think he's behind the keyboard at the moment, Mike.

Mike Romain proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

I'll bet his Jeep is now working then too.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Romain