timing belt/chain

I have had Honda's and Sunaru's for the past 20 years until recently when I took over my daughters leased 2001 Grand Cherokee (which I love!!). With the japanese cars there are those timing belts that need to be changed, does the Jeep have it as well and does it need to be changed after 60K miles.

Thanks

Reply to
Firebird

Firebird did pass the time by typing:

Jeep uses a chain good for the lifetime of the engine. Although in some books they say it should be serviced at 200,000.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

you meant "steel", Bill :-)

Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

as I have some Welsh blood in me also, just think, we could be distantly related :-)

Dave Milne

English, Irish, Scots (Clan Munro) and Welsh descent. IOW "American". I must possibly be related too ;-).

-D

Reply to
Derrick Hudson

Reply to