new tires !!

Oh man, that would be tough!

Reply to
Kate

: > The only concern I really have is the directional > tread. So, the

I kept my 225/75 15 spare when I bought the 235s. I figure I won't be going that far 'til I find a Sears!

Seahag

Reply to
Seahag

: > The only concern I really have is the directional tread. So, the> : > OTHER tire I am really looking at is the Toyo 285/75/16 M/T> : >
They look> : > like they have strong sidewalls and great tread.> : >

I would recommend a 'normal' tire of the appropriate size for a spare when running directional tires.

The first generations of radial tires were directional and they would get tread separation 'really' fast if turned the wrong way around. They were so bad that to this day I won't trust a radial to be run backward or cross rotated.

Mike

Mike Romain

> : > The only concern I really have is the directional tread. So, the>> : > OTHER tire I am really looking at is the Toyo 285/75/16 M/T>> : >
They look>> : > like they have strong sidewalls and great tread.>> : >

I did the same thing, kept my baby 215 on when I went to 235s. I figure that I will trade it up when I get my next set of 235s. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Glad someone else is going that route too!

Seahag

Reply to
Seahag