NVG 3550 Transmission Fluid

Just to let everyone know, there is an aftermarket transmission lube for those of us with a 2000+ TJ with the NVG3550 manual tranny. It's Pennzoil Syncromesh Manual Transmission Fluid, stock #3501. Eqiuvalent to Chrysler part #4874464, GM Part #12345359, 12345577.

The dealership carries the Chrysler-bottled stuff for $12-18 a quart, I just picked up the Pennzoil at Autozone for $4.99/qt.

Finally!

Matt

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Matt,

I believe Quaker also makes a synchromesh. However I could find any of my local auto parts stores. I ended up buying the Chrysler version at $9.00 a quart.

Greg

Reply to
GMP News

Quakerstate that is...

Greg

Reply to
GMP News

I had also heard that Quaker State had some, but haven't been able to find it. I happened upon the Pennzoil at the local Auto Zone. Both brands are probably made by the same manufacturer and I'm guessing it's Havoline.

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Pennzoil's Data Sheet:

Wry-mouth