Recover Accident

Sad news. Sounds like they used a Clevis between two straps and had a strap break.

Reply to
Rusted

I I think I may have wheeled with him at a Sno Blind run a few years ago. This was the second time this kind of thing happened in Michigan in the last couple of years. Very sad.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Nice one Bill,,,, Darwin Award recipient to that guy for taking a running start.

I don't wish ill will upon (most) anyone, but the brain needs to be engaged before doing some activities. Everything I know about using a tow strap tells me NEVER ever try to snap/ jerk someone in a recovery situation.

That video clip should be required viewing for all newbies.

paul

Reply to
paul

Reply to
philthy

If you use 'snatch' straps with an elastic factor and looped ends it is designed for taking a run at it.

If you use a 'tow' strap or chain, it is designed for a straight power pull or a tow.

They are different animals and aren't interchangeable.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: N>
Reply to
Mike Romain

Mike Romain did pass the time by typing:

That and ALWAYS put a blanket over the tow strap.

Amazing that that one simple thing will keep almost all the problems below the hood line.

Reply to
DougW

Even a floor mat works!

Mike