Oil Detergents

Reply to
Will Honea

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
Will Honea

Oh, I see now....all synthetic oils are petroleum oils and all petroleum oils are synthetic oils. There is absolutely no difference.

My, that really clears things up. lol

To respond via e-mail, simply take the, "REMOVEXX" out of my return e-mail address.

Reply to
SnThetcOil

Hey you are catching on.

That statement is legally correct like I mentioned before.

LOL!

Makes perfect sense eh.

Mike

SnThetcOil wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Sure does Mike, to a lawyer maybe, but no one else. Makes you wonder why certain contributors to this thread would be following this so closely, with postings of so many links to try and back up their flaccid definition of, "synthetic", along with their nasty comments. Does seem a tad bit odd, eh? I wonder which Big Oil company they work for, hmmm? :-)

Odd how when every other product in the world is referred to as a, "synthetic", product, (which again, has always meant man-made), that's okay, but suddenly when we come to oils, there seems to be parties that have a vested interested in trying to cloud the definition of the term for the average consumer. Very interesting indeed! I wonder why they would want to do that? The answer is, when you want to know the truth follow the money!

To respond via e-mail, simply take the, "REMOVEXX" out of my return e-mail address.

Reply to
SnThetcOil

In the end, everything we eat, burn, or wear is a petroleum product, because our agribusiness is basically an oil-to-food machine. Even Castrol R-a castor oil based product used by WW1 rotary-radial engine operators and diehard vintage motorcycle racers-is "petroleum" because castor beans are grown with fertilizers and pesticides made from oil.

Reply to
Ted Azito

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
twaldron

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Rubber from a tree has chemicals and additives added to the rubber, so this would mean that all rubber used for tires is, "synthetic", too, eh? "Hey, do you mean to tell me that tree is out of P235/75R-15 Michelin's? Dag nab it!" Ohhh yeeahhhh...."someone", else tried to say that about, "petroleum oils", inferring that the product is actually a , "synthetic oil", because it is refined and has chemicals added to the final product. Hmmm....very interesting!

As some interests here have clearly pointed out, petroleum oils are synthetic and synthetic oils are petroleum! There is no difference! Makes perfect sense...if someone is working for the Big Oil industry that is and has a vested interest in blurring the definition of, "synthetic oils", for the consumer. Maybe if they did this, they'd sell more of their, "synthetic oil", that isn't derived from a PAO or a diester base, but instead is just a higher refined petroleum oil, as the consumer would become confused as to what a real, "synthetic oil", is?

Nah....no one in the Big Oil industry hiding behind the anonymity of a computer on the Internet would do that...or would they? :-)

When you want to know the truth, follow the money!

To respond via e-mail, simply take the, "REMOVEXX" out of my return e-mail address.

Reply to
SnThetcOil

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

All academic, Bill. As for evaporation, why hasn't all that natural gas evaporated before we punch holes in the ground to extract it?

Hmmm... br> You may make a gasoline engine run on anything, my Dad converted to

Reply to
Will Honea

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

When I say gasoline destroys grease, I don't mean simply dissolves it, it turns it into a hard dry chalky clay like. God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Those are the same folks who, after using gasoline to clean the bearing, use an air hose and spin them to dry all the gasoline out. Then it doesn't matter if the grease is clobbered since the high speed dry run has already done the damage.

No, I suspect that the drip gas has a pretty high butane content. It collects in the piping where the 6-10 inch casing is necked down and throttled on the way to the natural gas storage, so it is effectively a distillation byproduct from a really crude natural gas process. The production of gasoline is also a selective distillation process under tightly controlled conditions followed by additional processing. All the cracking and catalytic processing done to crude just breaks that raw material down to more useful and desirable components before fractional distilling separates out some of the desired products like benzene, kerosene, etc. As I'm sure you are aware, they use "everything but the oink" for one thing or another with the final residue going off as asphalt base and bunker oil. The amount we got was highly affected by the outside air temp and winter times would give us more than we could use while those balmy 100+ degree summer days slowed the flow to a trickle. Those same temps also made it boil off quite a bit, but what the heck - it was free. The stuff is a pretty good grease solvent as well - Grandma used it to get overalls clean before washing - but I would be hesitatant about putting it into a modern engine that I wanted to keep for any length of time.

For all > Helium is also found in Pasadena, Texas where I once worked, none

Reply to
Will Honea

SnThetcOil proclaimed:

Dunno of any natural rubber based tires any more. Too difficult to make the hydrophilic treads so good for rain and winter.

Mobil lost the lawsuit because they didn't have a case...and ran into a judge capable of recognizing marketing bull--bull much like the crap you seem to believe.

Frankly it don't make a difference whether the materials come from oil, fish, whales, or doggypoo. What matters is the result and effectiveness. Everything else is just BS for those like you who are stupid and uneducated enough to believe it.

Reply to
Lon

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III