oil filter mount

I looked at the check engine code, I got a 13 - MAP sensor. Seem like that would do it? Or should I replace the MAP sensor, not expecting it to fix the current problem?

I have to replace 'em, since I shattered 'em. I broke the CCV air outtakes on both the XJ and YJ and a heater hose coupling (don't know exactly what it's called, it's four hoses coming together with a small vacuum). The rubber on the YJ CCV piece was obviously dried out, so I'm not surprised that broke when I tried to put it back in. The XJ CCV piece snapped when I pulled on it not very hard. The hose coupling shattered when I tried to move it out of the way so I could get to either the #4 or 5 spark plug. I didn't put much force on either of the XJ parts and they basically shattered.

Will H>

Reply to
The Merg

Fix the vac leaks first. And make sure the hose to the map sensor isn't cracked as well.

With as many cracked vac lines as you have it would probably be worth buying all new from the dealer (if they have them) Surprisingly they aren't that expensive. :/

Reply to
DougW

Interestingly, it's not the lines and hoses that are cracking. They all seem to be in pretty good shape (I think I'll replace them anyway, I don't know how long they've been there). It's all the couplings that keep snapping. Stupid plastic.

The eng> The Merg wrote:

Reply to
The Merg

Before you replace the sensor, pull the tube off the throttle body and run a stiff wire through the fitting to make sure that isn't plugged and the tube is clear. Then clean the MAP sensor plug really well - same as the IAC and TPS connectors.

Reply to
Will Honea