OK new problem

J.E.E.P = Just Empty Every Pocket.

My jeep is now making a horrible banging sound when in 4WD when i go around a corner. *WHAM*

Sounds like it's coming from the front end. I'm going to take it in to the shop when i can. Just thought i would ask here see if anyone had any ideas?

-Brian

91 YJ 4.0
Reply to
Brian

Blown u-joint?

Unusual for them to blow out in snow, usually they vibrate bad for a while first, but when bad enough there it goes.

Mike

Brian wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Banging sound in 4wd going around a corner on a hard surface is perfectly normal on your YJ with part time 4wd. The drive train is binding up and releasing. Quit doing that, it wil blow out the transfercase and U joints.

If it does this > J.E.E.P = Just Empty Every Pocket.

Reply to
RoyJ

If one 'only' blows a u-joint driving on dry pavement with part time

4x4, they should consider themselves lucky. One friend literally exploded his t-case doing that.

Mike

RoyJ wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Brian proclaimed:

Look to see if you've got a Mini Moke dragging under your bumper?

Reply to
Lon