OT but of possible interest - slight correction

For those in this group using the Mozilla Thunderbird program to read news groups update 1.5.0.4 has just been released. A corresponding update has just been released for the companion web browser Mozilla Firefox.

Reply to
Frank_v7.0

I use outlook express. Does that have more features aimed at newsgroup usage?

Reply to
Pete Stolz

I started out using Internet Explorer and Outlook Express. Heck they were already installed, but a bit over a year ago I tried Firefox (browser) and Thunderbird (mail, news and RSS). I never went back. :-) They're free for downloading and for all the info go to

.I love Firefox, Thunderbird and my Wrangler X.(Not necessarily in that order :-)

Reply to
Frank_v7.0

Ditto on firefox.

Stick proxomitron in there and you can do anything. :)

DougW

Reply to
billy ray

Shhhhhh! You trying to get me in trouble?

Reply to
Frank_v7.0

I want the list of upgrades on this edition of Frank. Maybe there was no Mrs. Frank until v7.0 came out. And is Mrs. Frank certain all the bugs are out of the new version? And what of the Mrs. Frank v1.0 bugs? Apparently word is that if you try to install Mistress 1.1 before uninstalling Mrs. Frank 1.0, Mrs. Frank 1.0 deletes all MSMoney files and performs the uninstall herself. After Mrs. Frank performs an uninstall, Mistress 1.1 may refuse to install, claiming insufficient system resources. One solution for this bug would be to run Mistress 1.1 via a UseNet provider under an anonymous name. Beware however of viruses that can be accidentally downloaded from the UseNet--virus shields are available at pharmacies everywhere. That's just what I've heard.

Reply to
Pete Stolz

I don't know, I've never used Outlook Express for newsgroups, I went right from the old Netscape to Firefox and Mozilla/Thunderbird. However I DO know a bunch of people who have gone from OE to Firefox and none of them have gone back.

Jeff DeWitt

Pete Stolz wrote:

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

Jeff DeWitt wrote in news:wUkgg.12169$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.southeast.rr.com:

Try a real newsreader (see headers), you might like it.

Reply to
XS11E