(OT?) Coming out (name change)

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 15:41:09 -0700, L.W.(ßill) Hughes III shared the following:

Here's another after-thought for you . You're the only one freaking out over the public declaration of the name the person in question decided to start using. Now I wonder why you are the only one it bothers. Nah, just kidding. I don't wonder at all. C'mon, dude. If he was trying to deceive someone then why would he have publicly said "my old name I used was XXX and my new one now is YYY."? Can you answer that question?

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

I wasn't aware that he was asking you to believe that his real name was 'Tyler Dirden', if that is the case, I'd have to reconsider. I never saw any deliberate misrepresentation. I even posted many months ago when this topic came up, that his alias was from a movie. If it is just a case of someone using a handle and an assumption on your part, I stand by my statement.

On the other hand, if it came to pass that his real name wasn't Nathan Otis I'd have a problem with that, since he specifically stated that it is his real name. I wouldn't get twisted about it, but I'd certainly question his credibility in the future.

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
twaldron

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 16:20:47 -0700, L.W.(ßill) Hughes III shared the following:

Let's outline this. Someone posted using name A. The same person posted using name B and said that name B was their real name. As a reslut of that you call them a troll and call imply they are anti-American. I think that sums it up nicely. Again, I ask you to please think before responding if you choose to respond. Of course the choice is yours. All the best.

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

You're hopeless. *plonk*

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 16:47:00 -0700, L.W.(ßill) Hughes III shared the following:

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

You must spend hours reading the Usenet, then. :-)

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Yep, ol' Rush is from your generation, right? Taking responsibility for his own actions...once he gets caught, that is...

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Wow, I go away for an afternoon (GO CUBS! Bring it home and finish 'em off) and this thing that I thought was dead last night continues on, seemingly unabated.

In case this is causing confusion to any others here, I thought I'd clarify some things I've seen in replies...

  1. The closing phrase "Game on" was used to show that my off topic time-out was over and the (follow along with me now) "game" or on-topic jeep discussions could continue with no further interruption.

  1. I do not regard anyone who chooses to use an alias in newsgroups or other online forums as a troll, wimpy, dishonest or un-American. (Peter Parker, I'm looking at you... :-) Apologies if that's your real name... Spider-Man rocks. Granted, my ideas are pretty radical and don't represent the rest of the group so you're gonna hafta feel each member out on a case by case basis. Cause we got some whacko in here!

  2. Every SINGLE time I have sent personal e-mail to any member of this group, regarding info on this group or any other topic, I have signed said e-mails as Nathan or Nathan Otis (AKA Tyler Dirden on the forum). I did this to A V O I D confusion, not to create a fracas or melee of misinformation. I think one Mr. Collier could verify this as I contacted him on more than one occasion and seem to recall a pleasant exchange of e-communication. Certain other members of this group my want to refer to their electronic archives (which I'm sure exist) to see e-mails I have sent to him... uh, I mean them...

  1. I moved to the NW Chicago suburbs in December of 2001 where I asked my wife (whose name doesn't matter in this story) to call AT&T to set up digital cable TV, telephone and internet service. Somewhere in 2003 (Spring?) Comcast bought or took over (or something) for AT&T. They changed my e-mail addresses, my website addresses and all the addresses on the bills they send to the house (in my name... my ... real name). What the headers said about my account and it's tumultuous history never crossed my mind, and yesterday was the first time I've ever seen them... It's all Greek to me (Don't want to confuse anyone here... I'm not saying I am Greek. Nor am I denying any inherent Greek-ness I may have in my veins... thought my mother is part Greek, my father is primarily of German descent I believe. Just to be clear). Got an issue with my headers? Take it up with Comcast ... or AT&T or whatever company owns them ... or whatever company owns that company... etc. etc. ad infinitum.

  2. I am not the worlds best speller. I do use spell check, but sometimes, you know... stuff happens.

  1. My IP is... HAHA!!! Just kidding there. I'm pretty sure I have a static IP and I wouldn't want to broadcast it to the unsavory element that holes up in newsgroups for lack of anything better to do... Wow. I hope that doesn't make me a traitor to my God, or Country.

Thank-you for your support. Game on. n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis

Sorry, further clarification... the following:

The final sentance should read, "Cause we got some whackos in here!". I was not calling attention or referencing any single particular whacko.

Sorry... as you were. n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Wow. Good enough for me! :)

BTW, I never suspected Peter Parker was a real name either. It stands to reas> Wow, I go away for an afternoon (GO CUBS! Bring it home and finish 'em off)

Reply to
twaldron

Nathan, my advice is to tune him out and get on with it. What useful information he offers the group isn't worth all the crap he usually dishes out about "real jeeps" and personal attacks. My guess is that you have better things to do with your time.

Reply to
TJim

Nathan, your use of the term "pompous ass" struck a chord. If you're using Outlook Express, select "message" and "block sender..." and you won't have to put up with all the bull$hit any more. He'll be in the forest and no one will hear him... ;-)

Reply to
TJim

ROFLMAO!!! Welcome to the "No Pompous Asses Allowed Club"!! I liked that part about "sepia-ass pictures you're always posting of that haggard old ride of yours" part. ;-)

Reply to
TJim

LOL!! Lon, you are SOOOOO BAD!! ;-)

Reply to