(OT?) Coming out (name change)

OMG, is that French I'm hearing. This can't be the real Bill, it must be an evil clone made in France. :-)

Reply to
Peter Parker

Well, that is the name of a character in the Fight Club, so I'm not sure who thought it was real anyway.

Hello Nathan II!

Nathan Otis wrote:

Reply to
twaldron

Bill, did you ever see "Fight Club?"

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Well I can name at least one member of this group who never saw the movie, and as such, figured T.D. was my name. n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis

Approximately 10/12/03 06:33, Peter Parker uttered for posterity:

...Freedomland.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Approximately 10/12/03 02:53, travis uttered for posterity:

But these are *personal* headers, and therefore can be presumed to be attached to the exhaust areas of his body. As per normal Jeep mode, it can also be presumed that the header is near a crack. This makes it sorta amusing when you consider the neurotic fascination some appear to have with said header.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 16:30:33 GMT, Lon Stowell shared the following:

Good stuff! I'm learning! I'm learning! :-P

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Don't know why it's such a big deal, Bill. I don't use my real name(although if you look at my "reply to" you might be able to figure it out pretty easy), I use what I have always used as a CB handle. Lots of people are paranoid of bad people getting their personal info off of posts on the 'net, so they use screen names and falsify their email addresses(although a lot of this is done to help reduce spam). Who cares? As long as you aren't using the false identity to defraud somebody or lure kids somewhere so you can molest them, what does it matter what you call yourself? I'm sure Nathan didn't do it just to make you look like a total idiot. Maybe just 'cuz there's another Nathan on the group?

-- Old Crow '82 Shovelhead FLT 92" 'Pearl' '95 Jeep YJ Rio Grande ASE Certified Master Auto Tech + L1 TOMKAT, BS#133, SENS, MAMBM

Reply to
Old Crow

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 13:16:50 -0700, L.W.(ßill) Hughes III shared the following:

Dude, lighten up. Just because some people don't care if someone posts with their real name or a made-up name doesn't mean they don't take responsibility for their own actions. Don't start calling people names and alienate yourself over something this trivial. Now stop and think before replying. You can either not reply, reply and tell me you think I'm an idiot, or reply say "Yeah, it's not worth it." Or I'm sure you can come up with something else, too. The point is, just stop and think before you reply. Maybe?

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 13:33:04 -0700, L.W.(ßill) Hughes III shared the following:

OK. I see you took the "Don't stop and think before you reply" option. I'm not upset about it, just disappointed. You come off as a pretty tense person. I still think you need to lighten up some, but hey... It's your blood pressure, not mine. Take care.

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 14:08:35 -0700, L.W.(ßill) Hughes III shared the following:

I read your answer. I didn't ask you a question, though, which leads me to believe that you didn't read my post.

My number is unlisted. That makes me a wimp? OK. *grin* I don't like to be on the call-lists for telemarketers. I think Lynard Skynard said it best when they all sang "I ain't hidin' from nobody....nobody's hidin' from me.... That's the way it's supposed to be."

Yes, I understand your insecurity. Thank you for asking. In the grand scheme of things, whether you realize it or not, it really doesn't matter what name someone uses to post with out here. Well, maybe it does to you. If you call someone a "liar" because they use a made-up name to post out here, then.... That's very telling. I'm finished with this conversation. I'm not out to make anyone mad here. I'm allowed to shake my head in disapproval when someone acts in a manner that I consider silly. So are you. Now if you'll excuse me I will go shake my head disapprovingly now and give you a little time to get over yourself. All the best.

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I think it's common for people to use 'handles' on the Usenet, much like in CB radio. That doesn't necessarily make them liars. While Nathan II didn't really make his ID known, most people knew 'Tyler Dirden' was an alias, much like using MABAR, JBJEEP, SNOW, MYDINGY, ETC. because it is a fictitious name. I can see the confusion if you hadn't seen the movie but I don't think there was any malicious intent in using the handle. Had he used 'Mickey Mouse', I don't know that we'd even be having the discussion, but I'm sure no one would have felt deceived. Deception seems to be the crux of the matter.

Bill, I'm not sure where your correlati> And I see you didn't read my answer that all my answers are to the

Reply to
twaldron

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)