[OT] Dodge Magnum SRT

8D

Stopped by the Dodge dealer to get a cheapo oil change prior to doing another later next month. Run some of the crudbunnies out.

So having some time to kill I start looking at the Magnum and Charger. Talked to the salesman, one thing lead to the other and I'm off on a test drive. The Charger has that Hemi MDS like the Jeep but was very smooth on the streets and had only a teeny hesitation off the on-ramp with smooooooth power all the way to 120mph and very good breaking as it got to 120 about 200ft away from the off-ramp. :) The MagnumSRT (even being a heavy station-wagon) was just plain nucking futs! One thing for sure, they both left a smile on my face and fingerprints on the passenger side panic bar.

Trunk on the Charger is HUGE, we're talking four dead bodies at least. And the window isn't as high up there as the Chrysler 300 C.

The Magnum, I dunno.. it's a >station wagon< and I keep getting flashbacks to a baby shit brown, wood grained, chrome trimmed, whitewall tire festooned smogbomb.

Both have the battery in the back and loads of goodies.

I just can't get over how large the Charger is.. it's about the size of my old Mercury Grand Marquis, with maybe a slightly shorter hood.

Wanted to try the Charger R/T but they didn't have one. :/

Reply to
DougW

Thanks. You got me thinking of the original Bo and Luke, and that Plymouth dealer I used to walk by on the way to high school. Definitely a newsgroup charter violation.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
Pop-N-Fresh

MAYBE he was referring to HIS thinking back to his high school dayz ...?

Reply to
noneyabusiness

if u like the charger... look at the challenger.. its a concept that might come out in 08 again. its a 6.1 l hemi 2 door and looks sick

Reply to
Jon

DougW proclaimed:

Hopefully they'll have the Challenger out soon. Plus we will presume you also tried the Grand Cherokee SRT8 to see if you truly could get a patch with all 4 tires at once. I wouldn't want one, but it is a nice hot street truck.

Reply to
Lon

Lon did pass the time by typing:

Yea, I've been googling on that.

Haven't had the opportunity yet. But I will if they let me.

Heck, the local 4WD crowd thought I was nuts taking a new 93 ZJ on the offroad trails. It's only plastic and metal, and most of it pops right back on. :)

Reply to
DougW

I disagree. Putting OT in front is an open admission that one is violating the charter of the newsgroup. This, to my thinking is worse than someone who blunders in with something off topic out of ignorance.

Reply to
jeff

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Would that be a worse felony than top posting with a wasted .sig line that has nothing more useful than your name in it.... such that anyone following up with a compliant newsreader would find all of the older content chopped off unless that .sig is corrupted by adding three dots or similar to it?

Call the posting police!!!

jeff proclaimed:

-- ... jeff

P > not really a violation he put OT in the subject :-) >

Reply to
Lon