[OT] garden pet.

ROTFL!!! Good one Kate!

Reply to
jbjeep

LOL! Me too!

They are all over our place because of the pond (big one down the hill) I always call hubs to come and "save them"

Reply to
Kate

It is. the little Buggers hide under the rim

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Around here, it's nearly always the green tree frog. Cute and safe to handle, but NEVER bite one's butt-it's DEADLY poisonous! :->

Dan

Reply to
Hootowl

FOMSLMAO!!!

Damn, I'd pay to see THAT one!

Reply to
Kate

"Hootowl" wrote

We have a ton of those, they are the ones on my winsows. Ummm.... never wanted to bite one on the butt though.

Hey, are you a cacher?

Kate

Reply to
Kate

If he's biting them on the butt, beware of what he has caught!

-jenn

Reply to
jbjeep

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Pardon my ignorance, but what's a "cacher?"

Dan

Reply to
Hootowl

Forewarned is forearmed-I taught science for 20+ years...

Dan

Reply to
Hootowl

"Hootowl" wrote

Well, if you don't know, then you are likely not one. A "cacher" is a Geocacher

There is a guy in our neck of the woods that uses the handle "Hoot Owl" I thought that maybe by some freak coinkidink you might be the same guy.

Reply to
Kate

Nope. Been using this handle since the late '80's.

Reply to
Hootowl

Hey Kate, whats your ID? Mine is of course "jbjeep". I am headed out in a few hours for some caching.

-jenn

Reply to
jbjeep

I have some issues with that caching.....

First off it makes some previously 'unknown' areas now public for all to come and destroy. (Have seen this recently, not all cachers 'tread lightly', few do and they have left so much garbage near the hiding spots that kids out camping are following the garbage trail and are finding the caches)

Second some of these caches are, well, 'waaayyyy' back into the deep bush in areas with no cell coverage and the nearest house is over 25 miles away. If one of these fools have a breakdown way back in there or an accident, they are in 'big' trouble.

The caches are also way back into hunt camp territory where 'we' as Jeepers have been run out of and threatened on more than one occasion by armed camps.

These armed drunks get totally incensed at the though of 'their' hunt camp and it's privately maintained but public all the same trail being 'public' on the internet. Unfortunately they have reason to be pissed! Their camps 'are' getting vandalized.

Mike

Mike Romain

Mike was that same bunch there this year?

Reply to
billy ray

Yes they were. They didn't stay long with all their trucks at our camp because they ran out of beer while out 'looking' for us. Someone over at the other lake said a bunch of Jeepers were in again this year and a bunch of drunks came looking for us. This bunch weren't the 'really' obnoxious ones at least.

Mike

billy ray wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

We should have taken your advise last year and turned the problem over to the police authorities. Drunken (or doped) ravings to adults are one thing but when they start threatening small children it is something else.

Reply to
billy ray

That area has for sure gone to hell. There is no way it would ever be safe to leave the kids or the wives/girlfriends alone at the camp unarmed. This is Canada, so to say that, well....

We were in there last Mother's day and the jerks invaded our campsite with their ATV's and off road SAMI trucks at 8:30 AM or so. They parked within inches of our tent up in the woods rather than down at the parking/boat launch area and went down fishing. One of the kids was roaring around our camp and almost hit me sitting by the fire in my chair. I told him 'loud' in front of his father, that if he hit me I 'was' going to take my Jeep and totally demolish his ATV with it. They still didn't get the freaking point.

Mike

billy ray wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Hey Jen, I'm Geo Jeep Hope you had fun! I'm taking my youngest daughter and my grandson on Tuesday or Wednesday, should be fun. It will be their first time

Reply to
Kate

Sure looks like you do.

Kate