Passenger Side Draft in '04 Grand Cherokee

Hello,

I have a 2004 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition. It's a great vehicle, but there seems to be a draft on the front passenger side. The draft comes through beneath the dashboard, near the floor. I live in Upstate NY, so in the winter it becomes very noticeable (especially when people are seated there, they can really feel it).

I've contacted the Jeep dealer where I purchased the vehicle, and even had the owner of the dealership confirm that there is definitely a draft coming through there. He even confirmed he can feel it on his own 04 Grand Cherokee. However, there were no service bulletins or the like issued about this, so there wasn't anything they could do.

I also contacted Chrysler, and got the same response.

My question is does anyone have any ideas on how I can insulate that side better or get rid of the draft? Anyone else have this problem?

Reply to
Marc

Marc did pass the time by typing:

There is a TSB out there for drafts/wind noise.

Might help get you going in the proper direction. I suspect a bit of sealing goo or patch was not properly applied.

Could also be it's just the nature of the AC system or vent system to be a bit drafty. (not a good thing IMHO)

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Thanks for the response. I found this listing of new TSB's, but my problem hasn't been addressed.

Marc

Bill,

Makes sense, but even when the heat is running, you can feel cold air creeping in just by touching the bottom of the glove compartment area. There's no wind noise or anything, you just feel the draft. On a side note, my '96 GC didn't do this. The truck is still under warranty, so I don't want to start pulling it apart, and I'd rather have the dealer fix it. I just have to rant a bit here, because it seems to me that people can go out and spend $30K on a truck, have this problem with it, and noone will touch it to see what's going on until "x" amount of people complain to Chrysler. And that's not right.

Reply to
Marc

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
mic canic

No water leaks... I'm dropping it off at the dealer again, got them to take another look at it. We'll see what happens this time around.

Reply to
Marc