PING Jim Meyer - Line-x photos

Per a previous thread titled "spray on bedlining inside a jeep" here are some pictures you requested.

This is a 80 CJ-7. When this guy bought this jeep, he took the tub off and had a Line-X brand liner sprayed inside the tub, under the tub, and inside the engine compartment. Then took the tub to a body shop who made it look sharp and gave in new exterior paint. The entire tub is either new paint or Line-X now. His is very particular about his jeep, keeps it very well maintained, and is meticulous about it. He has 2 complaints about the Line-X liner, and those are that his master brake cylinder has been leaking a little and it has destroyed the Line-X where it contacted the oil. I was surprised at how it was turned to a very soft rubber and can easily be peeled away. The second complaint is that when dirt gets worked into the Line-X it is difficult to clean so that it looks like factory new again. He says that it takes a while to clean it back to that "new" look.

I was not sure how to show the liner well in a photo except for making it high-res, but I am also showing a smaller version of the same photo if you need it:

http://166.70.18.182/images/LineX1Large.jpghttp://166.70.18.182/images/LineX1Small.jpghttp://166.70.18.182/images/LineX2Large.jpghttp://166.70.18.182/images/LineX2Small.jpg

Reply to
Fletcher

Great pictures! Man, that came out nice. I haven't seen one before where the did the inside of the whole engine compartment. It sounds like a good idea, but I guess with all the leaks of an older vehicle some problems are to be expected.

Thanks for posting this.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Meyer

I don't know the difference in price but rhino lining is warranteed against chemical damage. My dodge 150 pick-up had oil, gas and sulphuric acid (not at the same time) spilled in it at times and it did not even discolor the liner.

Sean

99TJ 2KXJ
Reply to
Sean Prinz

I think they are similar in price. I liked the Rhino I had in the bed of my truck as well. Oil, gas no problems. There must be something in brake fluid that is more aggressive. I found the warranty on Line-X as well

I am sure theywill fix this Jeeps bubble problem, but I see how they could make a warrantyprocess a pain if they wanted to

Reply to
fletcher