Ping TwWaldron

I got the 303 you suggested for the flares last time I saw you and it works better, but seems to streak. But still better. Have you thought of paint? If I get the urge for new Flares I want to try painting the old ones. Any thoughts. BTW Hows the Code reader working out?

Thanks TomP

Reply to
TomP

Hey Tom!

I'm holding off on the paint route because my last TJ was a Sahara with painted flares and they are really susceptible to scratching on ANYTHING that brushes past the Jeep...and they were only 4" flares. These are 6". A home job satin finish paint with a flex additive might be the best option. Easy touch up. As it stands, I just keep 'dressing' them every couple of months or so. Frustrating that Bushwacker calls these UV stable.

I'm getting my first chance to use the code reader this weekend...the XJ has a chronic recurring Check Eng light and I'm tired of taking it in. I really bought the thing for this XJ and it didn't take long for a problem to arise.

tw

Reply to
twaldron

Thanks TW Let me know about how it works. I am seriously thinking, since one trip in would pay for it.

TomP

Reply to
TomP

Will do. I think it's a good investment.

tw

TomP wrote:

Reply to
twaldron