Possible Trolls?

Mike Romain proclaimed:

Would be easier to believe it was because of no mileage standards in pickups...yet. As for the reaction time, the switch back to 8 cyl mode is under 3/4 of a rev, making it under half of an ignition cycle. Haven't seen any mentions of hemi hesitation in any of the road tests of the hemi GC...which turns mid 6's to 60 in any of the tests I've seen.

I come from the old muscle car era as well, having had the pleasure of owning more than one engine over 7 liters with compression ratios in in the 12:1 range. Although the thundering torque was a lot of fun, a much smaller modern engine with modern engine management systems does much better except in dim memories. Granted it was a lot easier to hop up the old rat motors, wedge heads, etc. without a PhD, but then again you actually *had* to do this to get anywhere near the advertised performance except on a very few purposely underrated homologation special models.

Hmmm, ya think that is what is causing the hesitation?

Reply to
Lon

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

As a street-racer spectator, I have to agree with Bill. I've seen dozens of "rice rockets" with every performance mod on the market try and touch some of the big muscle cars on the 1/4 and not even come close. I remember one night in particular ...I *think* it was a Cuda (or Camaro SS maybe) took on all of the imports that showed up and never lost ...never even came close.

That being said ...there are a lot of higher end new cars that would generally win on a straight 1/4 ...Corvette, Viper, and BMW M5 can take most stock muscle cars. Then again, we're not talking about "puny computer-controlled engines", are we?

Reply to
griffin

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I'd like a TVR Speed 12 - 800hp, 1/4 mile in 10.3 secs. Beast of a machine. Faster even than the McLaren F1.

Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

The 12 refers to the V12 I think.

Dave Milne

Ya, I'm pretty sure they are V12 6spd. I think the TVR-S12 has slightly over

200mph top speed too ...pretty quick. This thing would crush any Vette out there - sorry Bill :)
Reply to
griffin

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

The Speed 12 can also go round corners.

Reply to
Dave Milne

Haha, Dave's got ya there. It's like watching my buddy with his ram-air '01 Grand AM GT try and do any corner over 50mph. It sounds like a drifting competition.

As for why the S12 isn't listed ...AFAIK it was never put into production.

Reply to
griffin

They didn't make many, but they did make a few. They realised that allowing Joe Public to have an 800hp one wasn't a clever idea, so they tried to persuade people to get the Speed 6 instead (which "only" did 180+).

Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
twaldron

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I didn't say it was a dragster - you brought that up. I merely pointed out it was a hell of a fast car.

Reply to
Dave Milne

twaldron did pass the time by typing:

They re-introduced the station wagon too, cept they call it a Dodge Magnum.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III