Power Window

Jeep Cherokee 1993, 2.1Td Can only open the windows from driver seat, none of other is working from the passenger seat or in the back Have checked the fuse, switch e.t.c Anyone have an idea what to check next ? Should think that it is the switch that operate the others (turn them on off who cause the problem, but I couldn't find any error)

Reply to
Geir R.Pettersson

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Correction Bill, my problem was a corroded wire under the *driver's* side carpet (driver's side in US being the left side). However, mine only affected the passenger's side front window, not all the windows. Spliced the corroded wire (it was basically turned to green powder thanks to living in the Salt Belt) and all was well. My guess, if the OP has the same problem he probably has several corroded wires.

mic canic of this group tipped me onto that repair.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
mic canic

You saw I gave you props on that, right Mic?

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Latest News, haven't locate the error yet, but I sure found a lot of water, I think I got at least 10 Litres out of the underfelt.(carpet on both sides) Found some small holes so I know where the water is coming in, I fix this first. To be honest the cables look all right, but I guess that if they have been lying in water, and there is a cut in the isolation somewhere, it wont be easy to locate the exact spot, unless I want to change the cable set. Keep you updated when I have a dry car.

Reply to
Geir R.Pettersson

Latest news, problem caused by corroded wire under the driver's side carpet, could almost not believe it when I so it, it seems that 4 wires has been soldered together, and protected by tape only, no wonder it was corroded after 11 years, even if I have some holes in my car (who now is fixed) I guess that it would happen sooner or later anyway, with only soldering the wire together in such a place where you will get moisture. Anyway, thanks for all help.

Reply to
Geir R.Pettersson

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Thanks for letting us know. Kinds funny when someone said that side by 'mistake' there....

Mike

"Geir R.Petterss>

Reply to
Mike Romain