Interesting Jeep in the woods

Well gang, I made it back out to the woods today and took some pictures of that strange (to me) Jeep.

It looks like you guys were right about the engine (big surprise!), it does look like it says Jeep Tornado 230 on the cam cover. The carburetor was missing and I not only didn't see a distributor I never found the plugs!

It would need a lot of work, but it's a cool old truck, someone ought to save it ... even putting a Chebby motor in it would be better than the thing just rotting away in the woods.

The pictures are here, along with a few others I took this weekend.

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

thats an old 715. if you dont want it how about contact info on the owner? for the right price ill make the trip and pick it up.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Ahh, that picture clears up a few things. The distributor cap, and rotor were missing, and it's a good thing the wires weren't snakes, I don't remember seeing them either, but they were sure in the picture I took!

Jeff DeWitt

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

Nathan, if your really interested send me a note, I tried sending you one but it got bounced back.

Jeff DeWitt

Nathan W. Collier wrote:

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

sorry bout that.....i just use my newsgroup spam catcher for posting.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Reply to
RoyJ

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
RoyJ

Yes, but the cap and rotor were missing, and the first time I saw the truck I saw the distributor but didn't recognize it for what it was with those distinctive parts missing, that was one of the things that led me to believe it was a diesel.

Jeff DeWitt

RoyJ wrote:

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt