Question on Wider Tires on my 93 Cherokee Lerado

Hi Im considering putting wider tires on my cherokee. I just happen to have a set of wheels and tires I can place on them. The tires will end up being 235/75/15. My question concerns how these tires will effect over all handling, gas milage and road feel. Will the truck handle as well. Will it corner better or worse. Basically Im asking what advantages or disadvantages I might expect. Any help here before I go and put them on will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Mike Long Island

Reply to
Michael

My wife has had 2 Cherokees(a '94 2x4 and a '93 4x4) and we've run(and are still running)the 235/75-15's on both of them. No adverse handling or mileage isssues have presented themselves, and it sure looks a lot better with more rubber on it.

-- Old Crow '82 Shovelhead FLT 92" 'Pearl' '95 Jeep YJ Rio Grande ASE Certified Master Auto Tech + L1 TOMKAT, BS#133, SENS, MAMBM, DOF#51

Reply to
Old Crow

You will notice a radical decrease in snow covered road handling.

I went one size wider up to the 235's and regret it.

I now spin out a lot easier in snow and my off road sand hill climbing became a 'lot' harder.

Mike

Michael wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain