Radiator mount 86 CJ

Does anyone know the proper spacing for the radiator mount on an '86 CJ7 ? I am reassembling the front end and I have my choice of hockey pucks, hard plastic octagon support or mounting material that can be cut to length.

Thanks!

Reply to
TwoTracker

I have a couple new stock mounts kicking around, that is the one with the smaller hole isn't it? If no one else has the size, I can look in the garage tomorrow and give you a measurement. It isn't very thick if I remember right. Maybe 5/8"??

I didn't end up using mine. The bottom edge of my chrome Laredo grill insert is level with my one piece front clip's bottom edge and I had to put that edge 1 3/8" above the frame rails to have the hood sit level and in line with the body's flow.

I used two levels, one in the body and on the body's back rails and one on the hood's or clip's top and kept shimming until I got it right, then made a mount for it the right size.

Only 4 of the other stock mounts didn't need shims to fit my 'glass tub either.

Mike

Mike Romain