Re: Best "tough looking" tires for highway

I've had great luck with my Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos from Tire Rack.

> They are quiet, fairly aggressive, and excellent on wet roads. > >

Dana > > > My 2002 Saharas factory tires are getting ready to be replaced soon, and I > > want to get some "tougher" loking tires. I use this jeep as my primary > > vehicle so It gets more highway time than tril time. Truth is that I dont > > usually off-road as much as I used to with the kids now, and when I do, > its > > basically simple-medium trails.What tires would you reccomend? > > > > > >
Reply to
Drink

I was just perusing through the BFG Baja T/A "professional-grade ultra-high-performance" tire with an "Extremely aggressive tread pattern". Is it just me or do they have something... less than "extremely aggressive" treads? I know they're made for Baja and they're not M/T's but they look like an opened up version of a street tire. o_o_o_o Best Regards, /| ,[_____], Jim, WP3JQ |¯¯¯L --O|||||||O- ()_)¯()_) ¯¯¯¯¯ )_) EM60qk 30.447439N 086.628959W

Reply to
Drink

Because I haul kids I put Michilin APT on my 99 TJ. It has twice been caught in turd-floating, frog-strangeling torrential downpours - driving along fine at 60 to 65 mph in light rain and then POW, can't see the end of the the hood. Both times I was hauling kids and glad I had good tires.

They work well offroad. I went with the 235's and the extra height is nice. I put 50 miles a day freeway/big city commute and am well satisfied. Too bad you only get them at NTB, but they look nice and hold the road in the rain.

Where do you live and what do you do off road? I live in Houston. We get tropical nightmares all the time. I do mud, hills, and log hopping mostly. That and bolting from the freeway to the feeder to dodge traffic jams... Not much rock crawling.

Reply to
John Welch

I was pretty skeptical about wet road performance of the BFG AT until I hit a thunderstorm north of Amarillo not long after put them on. It was raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock with serveral inches of water across the road when I ran into it (fat dumb and happy) at about 70-75. Never a wiggle out of the beast and I was feeling the brakes for all I could get out of them since that !@#$% MJ (XJ probably does it too) wants to make sure the windshield is clean if you hit any reasonably deep water going just a tad too fast. After slowing down, I worked it out a bit and was really impressed at how that AT handled the water.

Reply to
Will Honea