Re: Circuit breakers vs fuses

> I have seen PB relays in electronic circuits lots, but never have I seen > one of their circuit breakers used for electronics. > > I also couldn't find any speed rating for them which implies they are > just regular breakers. > > I sure wouldn't use them. > > Mike
Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Hi Bill,

No doubt breakers are used in aircraft, boats (like my 270 SeaRay) and commercial trucks. I guess it's for quick reset under emergency conditions. When properly sized they can be nearly as effective as a fuse. The cost is substantially more though.

-- JimG

80' CJ-7 258 CID 35" BFG MT on 15x10 Centerlines D44 Rear, Dana 30 Front. SOA 4.56 Gears, LockRight F&R Dana 300 w/4:1 & Currie twin sticks Warn X8000i w/ dual batteries
Reply to
JimG