Re: how (hey Chuck, what was it?

it's been a while, what was wrong?

-- Paul Calman, Hathaway Pines, California

Reply to
Paul Calman

of all the stupid things, the bearings were the wrong size :( .020" bearings in a box labeled .010". the bearings came with the crank, so i don't know what happened. anyway, i exchanged them, reinstalled, and everything spins!

i did have all bearing caps in the right location, etc. I got a lot of good info out of this thread as well.

step 1: make sure the bearings are what they appear to be :)

thanks to all who replied- Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Bremer

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I hate it when that happens. never trust a new part to be correct or functional.