Re: Strange no start, 88 Cherokee

Ummmm engine to body mesh ground strap ?? (had to ask lol)

Could be a bad solenoid or possibly a fuseable link is gone... you can always take it to Cambodian Tire for the free bench test..

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

Mike.

Possibly the ignition switch? If you short the solenoid trigger to plus voltage does it crank? My son's 89 has a big metal covered start relay but I don't think it would cause it not to crank as I understand it.

Joe R.

Ok, why do my Jeeps always come up with the strange problems??? > > So my wife calls ands says she accidentally went to start our 88 > Cherokee in gear and it bumped to take off but she shut it down before > it could start. > > Well, that was it, it is dead. I just had to go over to her work and we > push started it so I brought it home. > > It has 12.39V in the battery and only drops a couple tenths when you try > the starter. > > The starter solenoid is not getting power on the trigger wire according > to my multimeter when the key is in start. I tried the grounds with > booster cable, no joy, all the fuses seem fine, I played mix and match > with all the relays near the battery, they appear fine. > > Anyone got any guesses? > > Mike > 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 > 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's
Reply to
Jo Bo

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

That big metal relay thing... Yup it will stop it from cranking just like mine does..... or doesn't depending on which way you look at it.

Mike

Jo Bo wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain