rear locker

I checked the Mudball web page

think that is the jeep you are discussing) and it does indeed havea front OX and a rear Detroit. I don't know about the behavior Billis describing but in all fairness the discussion needs to beredirected taking into account the actual types of lockers involved.This is a very usefull and interesting discussion for jeepers lookinginto a locker and it would be great to hear from actual users.

Reply to
nrs

I have a CJ7, AMC 20 with detroit, front 30 with OX, detroit is there when I need it, very seldom notice it otherwise, on the occational shift in a turn I may feel it let go, but otherwise nothing, oh and if you go up a steep hill and crest into a mud pit it make a hell of a noise. Ox in front is there when I need it too, on and off instantly makes turning a corner almost impossible, but as it is on/off so easy it's flick a switch and turn. Narrow track CJ by the way, soon to be wide track though.

Reply to
Greg

HEY! I've been out of town, whatcha all talking about? Be glad to tell you in person how the lockers are doing.

-jenn

Reply to
jbjeep

Sorry about the post. It seems the spammers started something and I replied without knowing what was going on. In any case it was about the possibility of the Detroit locker making a jeep spin and flip over backwards under some conditions.

Reply to
nrs

Hmmmm... spin on ice or slide or crab sideways yes. Spin and flip not really. Yes, I managed to do that sort of at Moab, but, that was not your usual driving conditions at all (unless maybe one lives down that way). There was some extenuating circumstances, like tires off the ground.

-jenn

Reply to
jbjeep

eally. =A0Yes,

ou in person how

te:

quoted text -

Thanks for your reply. So you would not blame that roll on the Detroit locker?

Reply to
nrs

in person how

Nope, only on my own stupidity.

Sure the detroit contributed, but if I hadnt been screwing around in the first place.... Or if I had kept more tire on the ground, or waited for a spotter, etc, etc, etc.

Reply to
jbjeep

ot really. =A0Yes,

ving conditions

te:

ll you in person how

Thanks, it is always good to hear the voice of experience to learn something new.

Reply to
nrs