Yet another Anti web page...

feel free to say what you think...

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I object to the BBC wasting our licence money on providing webspace for selfish tripe such as this. Angela Deathwish should be her name and it would be better if they spent more resources on learning to spell, 'effect' when it should read affect. Testing high powered 4x4s indeed, I always stop while walkers and horses go past, is this how they reward you?, shouldn't bother next time.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

I notice I couldn't register an anti-anti vote ... "Unfortunately, we have a technical problem Please come back later. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Didn't dare try clicking on the 'support this campaign' in case it was working ...

Reply to
Duracell Bunny

It says all that needs saying about the BBC, and it's supposed impartiality. Perhaps it is time to abolish the TV Licence, as the Beeb is cleary being used as a political tool these days.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

A little hasty there Richard, there were 3 people supporting the petition and 133 against it, and there are pro-4x4 "have your say" things too. The beeb doesn't create "have your say" pages, they can be thrown up by anyone.

So while the beeb can be a bit lefty lesbian pro-religion we-can-learn-a-lot- from-backward-tribes-who-can't-even-write, this one's not one that can be chalked up against it.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I had seen that (it should be 140 against as of 20 mins ago!). The person that set it up is probably had their cosy little world rather shaken up!

I just don't think they should be doing it at all, either anti or pro. If they feel they *must* do it, then they need to ensure they link to *all* related sites (to maintian impartiallity), which is no small task. Just becasue it's going "our" way doesn't make any odds.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

5 supporting, 158, no 159 as I type... not supporting now. And the "Aims" are now "This article has been hidden pending moderation"... Presumably thats automagic if the number of negs exceeds the pos by a certain amount.

Site is PITA to navigate, I can't find any way for getting back to the main campaign page after voting or from a comment thrown up by a search.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

"Hidden pending moderation"

So is that because the Beeb don't like the content OR because they don't like it being shown that a vast majority don't agree with their anti-4x4 views so they're not reporting the issues fairly? Greg

Reply to
Greg

I know what I think ;-)

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Now at 4 for and 165 against.

Reply to
Cyberwraith

On or around Mon, 13 Nov 2006 11:02:07 +0000, beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

oooh, well done.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

and I read John Thomas's "supporter" comment as being a bit of a blunder, and Mark Todd's feelng sorry for her! So that's only

2 supporters really.

Ah! And looking at her profile, she looks like an ex-townie

- only lived in Dorset for nearly 5 years (so that's probably just over 4) trying hard to "fit in". What's the betting she's bought a house near a lane and her solicitor forgot to mention it so she's looking for someone to blame?

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

OK, here we go!

Reply to
Nige

I reckon I'm on a shitlist at the moment too, never had any comments published even when I'm one of the first to post in, I suspect my somewhat illiberal views on the religious got me into hot water. Something about burning churches I think ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Now that I can read the text, and assuming it hasn''t had any naughty words removed during moderation, I can't see any possible excuse for hiding it when you can read the whole sentence in a few seconds. If this in any way reflects the feeling of most people then the press should be rather embarassed to be pushing anti 4x4 stories the way they are. Greg

Reply to
Greg

Unforutunately it's more likely that the Beeb will decide it's a bunch of viscious, nasty, 4x4 types ganging up on a little old lady - just look at what they did, under Smiling Tony's direction, to the fuel protesters - all that intimidation that was widely reported as going on, yet they never managed to film, photo, or even wintness it - but they still reported it as a fact, and were quite happy to let everyone think it was widespread.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Are you trying to say we were............................mis-informed??????? Surely not, we can trust every word that comes from our caring gov & Auntie Beeb.....can't we?

Reply to
Cyberwraith

|| Site is PITA to navigate, I can't find any way for getting back to || the main campaign page after voting or from a comment thrown up by a || search.

I'm glad someone else found this. I was close to giving up while trying to vote, read feedback and then post a comment. I post on BBC forums as Dick Wright, by the way. Wright because I am always right, and Dick because - well - it's a form of Richard, innit?

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Mon, 13 Nov 2006 21:54:58 GMT, Duracell Bunny enlightened us thusly:

didn't seem to offer that to me.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

True, the choice was not obvious, but it's there, & my vote (they said) was registered.

At the bottom, there's a box that says "If you are not a bbc.co.uk member and do not want to become one right now you can continue browsing Action Network" - click on that & your vote is done.

Reply to
Duracell Bunny