Recommendations for a 4" Lift Kit.

Sorry Mike, I also don't agree with the 12.5" being just for show. When I had my BFG 33x12.5 on I loved them on the road and off. In the rain they spun less then my friends 33x10.5" with a similar setup and I was able to go through mud with a LOT more ease then him. There wasn't much that stopped me but there was that stopped him. Having wider tires also gives you a wider stance which will help with the center of gravity aspect also. I would also write that skinny tires on the rocks work well too since you can position the tires very easily. During the rock crawl in Parry Sound this year there were a number of people scaling down their tires width and height.

I also drove mine in the winter every day for 2 years without any problems. The thing drove like a dream in my mind.

-- Checkout

message

Reply to
<admin

It must be whatever you get used to or maybe the fact that my CJ7 is really light seeing as it is all fiberglass....

Dropping from 10.5" to 7.5" in tread width was a radical improvement on 'my' Jeep.

Mike

snipped-for-privacy@ncgcanada.com wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Bill, the original poster plans on using his Jeep for the street.

My 33x9.5 muds with a 7.5" tread are 'perfect' size for my CJ7 for the streets in the winter snow.

Jeep thought a 7.5" tire made the perfect footprint too when they put the 225's on it stock. They could have put 60's or 50 series on that are really wide, but they didn't.

If I was going for flotation, I would go a lot bigger than 12.5's and I would save them for the dirt or glaciers or pack ice like the folks in Iceland run...

Mike

"L.W.(ßill) Hughes III" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain