Req. advice on hot weather Jeep care

I recently bought a 2005 Jeep Rubicon with a soft top and half doors. I live in AZ and our heat can really do a real number on plastics and vinyl fabrics. There seems to be a lot of stuff available in stores and in online catalogs for Jeep care. What would work well for helping preserve the top and windows? What kind of wax should I use on the paint? Also, I got a carpet dash cover to protect the dash from the summer sun, but what can I use to clean and protect the interior plastics? I used to use ArmorAll on my last car, but I've had a couple of people tell me that it does more harm than good. Supposedly the strong sunlight breaks down the oils in ArmorAll and that causes more damage to the plastics than sunlight alone would. Thank you for the advice!

Reply to
Ripley59

I thought all the Zonians moved to the Southern California beaches, and stored their tops. God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Keep it in a garage and only drive it at night?

Seriously though, it's probably not so much the heat as it is the UV... You might want to consider one of the fabric car covers if you are really concerned with leaving it outside while you're at work or wherever...

Hopefully, you weren't stupid enough to buy a *black* vehicle...

Reply to
Grumman-581