Rims question

If you have rims size 15x8, 5 on 4.5, with 3 1/4" backspacing, how well would they fit? That doesn't seem like enough backspacing, or am I thinking backwards? Does 4.5" backspacing tuck the rim in closer to the body or push it out further than 3 1/4"? Thanks!

Eric

99 TJ SE
Reply to
Eric
4.5" back spacing pushes the rim closer to the body than 3.25" would. Back spacing is the distance between the mounting surface and the vehicle-side rim edge.

Steve

Eric wrote:

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I had actually bookmarked that link when you supplied it before and thought it was deleted. I found it earlier. Any problem using 3.25" backspacing? Will the wheel stick out too far and wear out my bearings too fast? I plan on putting 32" or 33" tires, depending on if this set of used 33s comes through. :-)

Eric

Reply to
Eric

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
twaldron

Some guys are running it, some aren't. These are brand new 15x8 eagle series 55 rims (look-a-likes to the AR Outlaw IIs). 4 for $150. Thought it was a good buy... but if they offset is going to ruin something...

Eric

backspacing?

Reply to
Eric

Well, it's not like your axles will fall out the weekend you use them. Just know that you have a bouncing, rotating mass at the end of your axles and the further out you place it, the higher the workload you are going to give your wheel bearings and such.

Put a two pound weight > Some guys are running it, some aren't. These are brand new 15x8 eagle

Reply to
twaldron