Using F*rd rims on Hawk

I have a set of rims off of a Crown Vic or some other full size Ford

15" wheels, and I am wondering if anybody has any luck using them on a 63 Hawk. The offset, as I am calling it - the plane accross the face of the rim, measured to the face of the lug holes - is about 3/4" deeper on the Ford rim than on the Stude rim. That leaves the tire protruding maybe 3/4" further to the outside than it should be. From my measurements and mounting one tire on the new rim and placing on the rear axle and then the front, seem to bear out that it will work. As I have not mounted all four tires on these rims yet, and driven the car with them, I wondered if any of you know the following: Will this work? Any potential problems? If so, any recommendation of what type rims would work well?

Thanks for any help/advice you can offer. dan and mel

Reply to
Mel

Should work fine as long as they don't rub. I used Chrysler wheels for year on a 54. The 3/4 inch could be partly due to the wheels being wider.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Reply to
John Poulos

Mel, I used a set of Crown Vic wheels on a friends 1963 GT Hawk. We installed 215-75-15's on it with no problems. I also had rebuilt the front end ,so it had new springs , He drove it and never mentioned any rubbing problems with that combo. Joe

Reply to
jflan63