Hi again!

Howdy all,

I'll try desperately to make this short. I used to be on this newsgroup back around '01-'03 or something like that. I had a '98 TJ with a 4" Teraflex lift, 3/4 spacers on the front, 1" body lift, SYE kit, 35" MTR's and other assorted goodies. I hate to admit to sin but I couldn't handle it as my daily driver anymore and traded it for an '05 Chevy 3/4 crew cab. I missed my Jeep and luckily this year my wife wants another one! So this week hopefully it'll be an '07 black JK with a 6 speed manual and not much more. Why bother, I'll replace most any option we got anyways.

I'm glad to see that Jerry, Jeff, Mike and a few others that I can't think of are still around. They were always an excellent source of information and entertainment at times too. ;)

My first problem is I've forgotten a whole lot of what I once new. My first question is backspacing.. I've searched and confused myself.

4" backspacing or 5" backspacing.. which would push the wheel out further? I've read that the JK only needs like 5" backspacing.. I'm sure my TJ had 15x8's with 3.75 backspacing. Is 5" really enough, or too much? That just doesn't sound right at all.

My head hurts.

Reply to
Evan JK