Rock Climbing

LMAO! It'll pick up snow and ice or mud and rocks, depending where you live, and throw off the balance of the wheel. Having said that, Michelin makes good "normal" tires. I've improved ride, handling and traction by removing Goodyear tires and replacing them with equivalent Michelins on several vehicles (one Jeep).

Reply to
Frank_v7.0

And can you imagine how it would throw that debris on the highway. :O

I'd be interested to see how that design handles lateral stress. Might make a good airless spare but I doubt it's any good for offroading.

Reply to
DougW

Didn't the Apollo Moon Buggy use tires something like that back in the

60's and 70's? They had a horrendous time with them throwing debris.

They could make a nice light spare though.

Mike

Mike Romain

On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 12:05:43 -0400, the following appeared in rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys, posted by Mike Romain :

Except that, as I read the press release, it's actually

*heavier* than a regular tire:

"The Tweel prototype, demonstrated on the Audi A4, is within five percent of the rolling resistance and mass levels of current pneumatic tires. That translates to within one percent of the fuel economy of the OE fitment."

If the mass were 5% *lower* it wouldn't have been phrased that way.

And I wonder how (actually, "if") it can be adjusted for varying loads...or if that's necessary.

Reply to
Bob Casanova

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo