Rocky-Road XJ lifts?

I am considering a "complete" 2" lift from "Rocky Road Outfitters". This includes 1.5" lift shackles with a .5" lift block for the rear, and 2" coil spacers for the front. It also includes "BPE Shock Extensions".

Questions:

1) Any experiance with "Rocky Road Outfitters"?

2) How hard is this kit to install (Tips welsome!)?

3) With this lift, can I run 30" tires on a stock 89 XJ?

4) Will I have any problems after installing this lift? ie: ride comfort, pinion angle, driveshaft problems, brake line problems, ect..

5) How do the shock extensions work? Are they worth buying?

Thanks,

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

Rocky Road Outfitters is one of the "local" shops here. I honestly don't hear or see much of their stuff even local. If you do a search in this group you will see where a few people have had poor customer experience with them. My only personal experiece with them was through a family member who ordered their rockrail from them because they were bolt on, and local. They would not even allow local pick up, "we only ship" so they had to pay shipping anyways. The rails did look good, and bolted in easily. If it were not for their fancy website I don't think that they would be selling much at all. Three months ago they had some ads going to hire a couple of $9/hour fabricators, that indicated to me that they were looking to grow.

Reply to
Rusted

I had a bad experience with Rocky Road. Their customer service was horrible a few years ago and I wont go back. That was just my experience. That tiny lift isnt worth the money you save anyway. Get a real lift like a rubicon express one. They go on the XJ real nice. then you can get 31" tires and be real happy. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego
2 years ago they claimed to be going through growing pains. If they still are going through the same pain and havent fixed it, then their management must still have big problems. (Glen was a real jerk to me, and Im a real easy guy to get along with.) I agree that their pretty website is far different from their customer service.Their service ended up being real ugly for me.

KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego