Say Wha ? My Rear View Mirror just fell off ( Dagnabit !)

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 19:48:00 -0700, the following appeared in rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys, posted by Lon :

Just a caution: Don't use real nail polish remover, or if you do be sure to thoroughly degrease the surface before attempting to re-attach the mirror. Nail polish remover contains ingredients other than acetone (some sort of oil); better to use plain acetone.

And IIRC, red (Grade A) Loctite requires something like 450F to break down.

Reply to
Bob Casanova

Everyone's ideas are, ahem, spot on. But here's what I did when I absolutely couldn't stand it any longer. So far it's worked out great. Enjoy!

Captain Purple

rear view lying on the

have to special

once years ago. The mirror

whole. In fact, if I

Reply to
Captain Purple

Nice job. You could even put the footman loop back by the looks of it. I actually use mine for the bikini and when I drop the windshield down on occasion.

My CJ7 didn't come with an inside mirror, only the two outside ones.

Mike

Capta>

couldn't stand it any longer. So

my rear view lying on the