Scrambler soft top instructions.

Anyone know where I can find setup instructions for what I "think" is a factory (or factory style) scrambler soft top? Preferably something with photos so I can see all the hardware involved. I've got a scrambler and a soft top and some of the hardware seems to be missing. Nothing that looks like some simple fabrication couldn't replace but I'm just not real clear on how it all goes together. Some pieces seem to be more or less no-brainers, but some don't seem to make much sense at all. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Tom Greening

What make is the top? It might be a Witco like the CJ7's, if so I can give you directions/photos and might even be able to find the setup measurements for the windshield rake and snaps.

Mike

Mike Romain

You might try posting in the forums at

Clap Trap

Actually I have no clue Mike. It was with the scrambler when I bought it, but I never got around to installing it. It's a snap style so I'm guessing it's of older design, but not factory original. I can't imagine it would be in such good shape if it was factory. I'm getting ready to put the scrambler up for sale and I'd really like to have the soft top functional to go along with the half hard top. If you can point me to the pics/instructions I can probably figure out pretty quick if it applies to what I have or not. Thanks for the help on this.

Reply to
Tom Greening

If it is a Witco, the name will be molded onto the window corners. I am still running with my stock original 1986 Witco soft top. I will have to dig around for the instruction sheet and have a digital camera, but it would be a waste of time if it isn't the same.

If it is aftermarket, the main top bows would likely mount in the same place, but the snaps could be way off. Does it have a channel for the top of the windshield and soft doors too?

Mike

Reply to
Mike Romain