shock absorbers for GC

I have a 97 Grand Cherokee that is pretty clearly in need of new shocks. The driving it will get is 90%+ highway, but it does get off pavement for significant distances when I can get to CO and UT. I drive dirt pretty gently, but I want it to be capable for that use.

I'm interested in suggestions for good replacement shocks.

I live in the northeast, so rust is a factor. Are there any big gotchas in replacing the shocks at home?

Reply to
RJ

RJ proclaimed:

Almost as personal a choice as a girl friend. For largely highway use, I'd seriously give the Edelbrock IAS a recommend.

The Rancho RS9000SX adjustables can be tuned from inside the vehicle, but they are a bit more hard core and somewhat bricklike unless you like old british roadster style suspension.

Lots of PB Blaster, perhaps a friend or two. It can be a PITA getting the old ones out. Some shops will do the install pretty doggone cheap, say cheaper than the beer you'd need to bribe the friends.

Reply to
Lon