Somewhat OT: Video of a guy trying to ford a raging river in a small suv

Hey, there are a few Jeeps in the video! ;-)

This link is to a video on Google Videos. It shows some guy trying to drive a small suv across a raging river and almost getting washed away. At one point he almost tips over mid stream!

Noneyabusiness

Looks like a geo tracker. What a moron. I wouldn't even try that in my old YJ.

Carl

Reply to
Carl

I wish that they would have posted just a couple more minutes of it. It looked like he was about to turtle.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

He looks like a duck without a rudder.

Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

When the video first started I thought he was just unlucky to have the vehicle in the group that was light and waterproof enough to actually float. As the show progressed it clearly revealed just how stupid he is, and his friends are, for allowing this behavior to continue.

Reply to
billy ray

The ONLY way I would cross that kind of a river if i absolutely had to would be one by one, with linked travel. That is, one vehicle is secured to another via rope or cable or chains. One crosses while the other waits on shore. When the first one gets across, he waits for the second to cross so that if the second goes down river he can pull them out.

Carl

Reply to
Carl

Stupid people hang with other stupids. I think that this is some kind of universal truth. If you find yourself in the middle of one of these clusters, the only sensible thing to do is leave.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

True Earle, but moving away and pulling out your video camera and filming candidates for the Darwin Awards also works.

Earle Horton proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

The world is full of stupid people one wonders if the non-stupid people are the minority.

Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

But, depending on how much they reproduce, the stupid people will eventually thin themselves out of the picture. ;-)

Chris

I figure one in twenty. Maybe, as Lon says, the guy with the video camera.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

There is a place in the Wisconson Dells that gives rides in those things!

http://www.wisc> Growing up in Del Mar California, there used to hundreds of ducks

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

Is there any wonder public lands are being closed off to us? What a raging moron. It's not enough to nearly lose your truck once in a river, he had to try it two more times. Pathetic...

N> Hey, there are a few Jeeps in the video! ;-)

Reply to
Jeepnstein