Speed sensor

Hi all, Is ther any way to check the speed sensor in a '91 YJ 4.0 HO? The Jeep wont start. The computer indicator says there is a problem with the speed sensor. Can that thing just pass out from one moment to the next? Or is there a way to reset the computer?

Greetings and thanks!

Bert

Reply to
Bert

You are referring to the VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor)? This should have no bearing on the vehicle starting.

Will the starter grind, but the engine doesn't catch? This is a basic starting problem question that people forget to answer.

Do you have spark? Do you have fuel pressure? __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

Nope, there is no spark. The sensor I mean is the counter on the flywheel, referd to as "speed control" at

fuel pressure is ok. I get code 34

" Stephen Cowell" schreef in bericht news:kSbjb.1983$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr23.news.prodigy.com...

Reply to
Bert

Since it's on the flywheel, it could be doing the job of a crank position sensor... I'm not sure on your vehicle. Code says 'shorted or open'... that usually means 'open'. Check the connections to the sensor and make sure that they're clean and tight. It's definitely not the same as the VSS, since it won't register the speed of the vehicle... my bad. Replace the sensor, if no connection problems are found. __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)