Spring over: How complicated?

I am not a handy as most and don't have a "place" to do work where tires are off the ground. And Cant get a friend to commit (most of them work weekends)

I am leaning to a spring over, I feel confidant I could do a "kit" but recently wondered if the spring over is more complicated then I had originally thought. Is it? Or have a few write ups been misleading?

any place I can go read? Kit I can look for?

Thanks,

83 CJ 8, a work in progress
out the "XXX" to e-mail me
Reply to
Evan

You should probably stick with a spring under lift.

Robert Bills KG6LMV Orange County CA

Robert Bills

There are litterally dozens of spring over writeups on the internet if you search google or yahoo. It is not incedibly complicated, but if you haven't done it before it's probably not something you'll knock out in a weekend, especially if you don't have a good area to work and the proper tools. I didnt use a kit, but things that you will need to address after you actually get your springs over the axle are:

brake lines (old ones will be too short) shock mounts (need to be moved) u bolts spring perches sway bar (remove or do disconnects) driveshafts (I had to have both lengthened)

?pg=products&specific=jomreog8

Kevin Sperle

Reply to
Jeep Guy