Steering box brace

When i was building one for a friend's Jeepster, i made the parts for another and installed it on my rig. both now have standard CJ power steering. What a difference it made in handling! I should have done it years ago. This brings up an engineering point that i am not certain of. Attachment of the brace is usually done on the right side to the bottom of the frame. Doesn't that allow the two frame rails to flex in the same direction and take the shackles with them? I set my anchor on the top winch plate (welded to top of frame), so the frames try to twist in opposite directions, hopefully cancelling each other out.

Reply to
Paul Calman