steering tick.

dangit. :(
Thought the little tick I was getting when moving the wheels back and forth was just a balljoint calling out for replacement.
I ain't that lucky.
The output shaft for the steering box is moving side to side.
There is a rebuild kit for the shaft that has seals and new bearings, but I suspect more than that is probably wrong. Probably better to just swallow the $200 napa wants for a reman box.
On the bright side I've been down in there before so taking it out shouldn't be too hard.
--
DougW

Hey Doug... If you don't have one already, open an account at Napa, you get a discount that way :)
Kate
dangit. :(
Thought the little tick I was getting when moving the wheels back and forth was just a balljoint calling out for replacement.
I ain't that lucky.
The output shaft for the steering box is moving side to side.
There is a rebuild kit for the shaft that has seals and new bearings, but I suspect more than that is probably wrong. Probably better to just swallow the $200 napa wants for a reman box.
On the bright side I've been down in there before so taking it out shouldn't be too hard.
--
DougW

Kate wrote:

:) already get one based on where I work. Thanks.
At least it can't fall out, so I'll work on it in a few weeks.