Though cute, Liberty is 100 percent Jeep

Though cute, Liberty is 100 percent Jeep at

Mike

If it can keep up with my near stock 90XJ, I MIGHT consider getting one. Come to think of it, nah. I'll stick to my CJ8, YJ, XJs or FSJ. All more off road capable out of the box than the Libby can ever dream of being.

chris

Reply to
J. C. Duchock

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Allright you ol rotten guy you....

Are you sure that no one EVER broke any other kind of Jeep, or lost traction, even once....right?

Do you think that the guy had skidplates on it? I'm not thinking so. Did you hear the woman say "Ok, this is Kurt being an idiot in the Liberty" ? People do stupid things, not everyone is born with years of experience. Not all vehicles are perfect but I'll tell ya, I like my Libby a lot more than I did either one of my CJ's so far. That's not saying that if it goes sour I won't hate it, but

I have an incline nearly identical to the one the Libby in the video broke on, on the front of my property. I have gone up and over it half a dozen times already, in TWO WHEEL DRIVE. They are all nuts and bolts, they are all capable of only so much. Some are more extreme than others in their abilities, others are more comfortable and easier on the eye.

I beileve that most of us who bought them are likely not to go hardcore, hell I paid nearly $30k for mine, loaded, warranteed and on the road, damned if I am going to smack it around on rocks and tear it up but I WILL go play in the mud, I will go play on some hills and I may do some climbing here and there.

Call me a big sissy.. I am when it comes to tearing up my stuff.

anyway... be nice or I am going to pull you by the whiskers.

*WEG* Kate

: > Of course, whomever this bought and paid for: Russ Heaps is, at : > least he's comparing it to an Ford Escape. : > God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O : > mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
KJKate

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

The Libty is an excellent chick car. Beats hell out of the Kia. No self respecting male would have one though, even with the CRD option which at least gives it some similarity (no spark plugs) with actual, off road vehicles.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

My wife drives a chick car. Its called a Ford Expedition. She can drive and park that thing like nobodies business. (whatever that means) KH

The Libty is an excellent chick car. Beats hell out of the Kia. No self respecting male would have one though, even with the CRD option which at least gives it some similarity (no spark plugs) with actual, off road vehicles.

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

I think give another 5 years when they're affordable to get beat...with a front axle swap and some other mods you'll see plenty of CAPABLE Libby's on the trail... my 2 cents...besides, they're "cute" right ;) and chicks driving Jeeps are HOT! ;) You're hot right Kate?? lol

Jeff

Reply to
4X4PLAY

If I still have my Libby when enough of my warranty runs out that I don't care any more, I wll likely give this a try. By then the parts sould be readily available at a reasonable cost.

: my 2 cents...besides, they're "cute" right ;) and chicks driving Jeeps are : HOT! ;) You're hot right Kate?? lol : : Jeff :

LOL... yea Jeff... ehm... yea..

*groan*

Thank god that on the internet we can all be what we want to be So for you I will be 23, skinny, gorgeous and rich LOL (instead of a 40 something granny that's more fluffy than fine) man it sucks getting older.

But I AM a chick! Actually, as far as chick cars this is a good call on the Libby. I pretty much see women driving them Most of them my age.

*rant snipped*

That doesn't mean we won't mod it up though!

: >

: > The Libty is an excellent chick car. Beats hell out of the Kia. No : > self respecting male would have one though, even with the CRD option : > which at least gives it some similarity (no spark plugs) with actual, : > off road vehicles. : >

: >

: :

Reply to
KJKate

Kind of like a guy driving a Miata I think.

Reply to
KJKate

I just have to give you a little bit of a bad time

Dang, I even ran with skids on my Chevy pickemup...

Reply to
KJKate

Miatas over here are the ultimate hairdresser car; driven by blokes in touch with their feminine sides and other blokes...

Dave Milne

"...brush guards for the rear tail lamps, in addition to a six-way power driver's seat. This is the trim for owners serious about taking their Liberty off-road."

That's rich. Every serious off-roader has six-way power seats, right? ;)

Brian

I'm still trying to figure out why mine heat up, and where I put the quarters in for the "Magic Fingers Massage"

heh heh heh....

Kate

Reply to
KJKate

Real Jeeps don't need no stinkin seats :-)

Dave Milne

Dave, You forgot to add a link to a seatless (real) jeep.

Reply to
Billy Ray

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Uh huh.... so are yours cloth or leather?

: >

: > That's rich. Every serious off-roader has six-way power seats, right? ;) : >

: > B : >

: > -- : > Brian Heller : >

: > It is easier to tame wild beasts : > than to conquer the human mind. : :

Reply to
KJKate