Though Jeep, Libty is 100% girl car

That says it all. Ladies, those who wish they were, and misguided commuters buy Libty. Even availability of a real off road vehicle engine (except, being electronic, it isn't) isn't enough to get any self respecting male past the appearance.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Well, it beats the Kia. I take it she didn't get the CRD?

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

the diesel engine is the future of transportation. i would also suggest that the diesel engine is the backbone of america. be it truck or train, most everything you buy reached you by a diesel engine.

did you just say that california was god country? :-)

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Bill,

How did it come to pass that you allowed her to get one rather than a proper Jeep?

Reply to
Billy Ray

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

"Silly boys....

...Jeeps are for Girls!"

HA!

Reply to
jbjeep

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

No,

I was allowed to occasionally use my mom's car which I had to keep cleaned, waxed, tuned, and returned full of gasoline.

Reply to
Billy Ray

I got an old banger to learn to drive in. In fact I've never had a new car ; always bought 2nd hand. (the TJ had 11K miles on it when I bought it). I could stump up the readies for a new one tomorrow, but what's the point ?

Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Most of the things you want in life are cheap, but paying for other people to respect you is really expensive :-)

Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Bill, you sure have a lot of corrupt politicians down there in "God's country". The liberty isn't bad for an SUV, a REAL girl's car is a Lexus.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

I'd like to hear the logic that brings you to that conclusion. A handfull of cars getting 35+ Mpg in a land if 18 Mpg gas cars caused diesel to go up?

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Like where did you buy diesel fuel at in '75?

Robert's VW repair on La Jolla Blvd south of Bird Rock, the gas station by "Les Girls" on Rosecrans, Kearny Mesa, etc.

Back at ya, how did a few hundred gallons more of demand per week cause the prices to get so high?

Reply to
Stupendous Man