Tire Question

I just put a 3.5 " RE short arm lift on my '98 TJ and am now ready to buy new tires. I have been running 31 x 10.5 x 15 tires on the stock grizzly aluminum rims. I am trying to decide between 33 x 10.5 tires and 33 x12.5 tires. I use my Jeep as a daily driver and off-road most every weekend with three or four trips to Moab each year. I drive on snow and ice around town each winter. I know my choices are limited in the 10.5 tire. What are the different handling characteristics of each size tire? I did get it regeared so that is not an issue.

Reply to
Scotty

I would say get the 33 x10.5 tires. Because if you get the 33 x 12.5 you may have some rubbing. With your front end. I am just passing on what I have been told on this group. Hope this is of any help Thanks Jamie.

Reply to
Jamie Mello

Yes, if I go with the wider tire I will need to get new wheels with less backspacing. One of the reasons I am looking at the narrow tire.

Reply to
Scotty

I vote for the 10.5 width.

Reply to
nrs

There are two schools of thought with regard to snow tires depending on what type of driving you are planning. If you are planing of back country off road driving then you need floatation from wide tires. If on the other hand you are looking to get to and from work during snow storms, then a narrow tire is better.

Reply to
jeff